What Are People Saying
Letters to the Editor
these last ten years, it has been my privilege to serve the residents
of the 5th Levy Court District as their Commissioner on Kent County
10 Years of
- 2017 Delaware Recreation and Parks Society Legislative
- Addition of Kesselring Park.
- The Tidbury Park Bark Park for dogs.
- Expanding trails for walking in Brecknock, Brown's Branch,
and Kesselring Parks.
- The Kent County Recreational Facility on New Burton Road
the Paramedic Service areas by adding an Outpost at the Frederica
Volunteer Fire Company station to better serve the southeast quadrant
of our county.
- Renovation of a standing building for the West Dover
Paramedic Outpost serving the northwest quadrant of our county
- Implementation of the Kent County Stormwater Program
- 12 Years of committment to the Kent County Crime Watch
- Reducing of the County Budget from $30 million in 2008 to
$22.5 million. in 2010, taxing for only what we need
- Ordinance changes that reduce red tape for many simple
permits and make it easier to understand..
- Tax deductions for our active military when they are
deployed to active zones.
- Support for the creation and continued development of the
Kent County Veterans Memorial.
- DE Turf, partnering with the Kent County Regional Sports
Facility Corporation to bring youth sports tournaments to Kent County
- South Frederica Planning Area, designating large areas of
land with close proximity to transportation, sewer, and power
infrastrucuture to focus light industrial development.
- Little Heaven Planning Area, designating large areas of
land with close proximity to
transportation, sewer, and power infrastrucuture to focus light
- Akridge Scout Reservation, partnering Del-Mar-Va
Council, Boyscouts of America, to bring a better scouting experience to
boys and girls to Kent County, attracting scouts from throughout the
- Only 1 minor tax increase in nearly 30 years
- Tax DECREASE in 2010
- In 2010, the County portion of my personal real estate
taxes was $119.97. In 2018, it was $118.80.
My Committment to Kent
- Calls for help from residents all over the county who have
heard that I am a Commissioner who can help them.
- Worked with DelDOT to avoid tearing down a family's home of
45 years for a new road.
- Expanding sewer to an area of the county in desperate need,
keeping costs as low as possible
- Engaging the Attorney General of Delaware to investigate a
rogue cemetery manager.
- Assisted countless residents navigating the permitting
process for sheds, barns, pools, wheelchair ramps, and others
- Countless engaging of County Code Enforcement to clean up a
neighbor's yard to avoid neighbor vs neighbor conflict
- Continue to offer great constituent service
- Continue to question why we have some cumbersome ordinances.
- Continue to improve the permit process and to make the
process friendlier to homeowners who want to make their lives better.
- Continue to question where and how your money is spent.
When considering whom you will support, do not just listen to
what they say they are going to do, but look at what they have done.
With that, I am announcing my campaign for re-election to continue to
be the Commissioner from the 5th Levy Court District for Kent County
and look forward to continuing to represent you.
846 Moose Lodge Rd
Wyoming, DE 19934
If you agree with my
positions and feel I have represented you well on
Kent County Levy Court, please donate. Any amount is greatly
Friends for Jody